- 1/2 cup diced jarred roasted red bell peppers
- 1/2 cup diced pitted green olives
- 1/2 cup grated pecorino romano
- 2 cup scallions, white parts only, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound white button mushrooms, cleaned and stemmed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil leaves
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
In a medium bowl mix together the roasted red bell peppers, olives, cheese, scallions, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
On a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, arrange the mushrooms, gill side up.
Spoon the filling into the mushroom cavities, mounding it slightly.
Bake until the mushrooms are tender, about 20 minutes.
Transfer the mushrooms to a serving platter, sprinkle with chopped basil, and serve.