This salad is perfect to throw together a day or two after Thanksgiving and then store in the fridge until you're ready to enjoy a meal. Tangy ginger dressing, chilled noodles and delicate yet flavorful alliums and veggies give traditional roasted turkey a new life.
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice from half a lime
- 1 (9.5-ounce) package dried soba noodles
- 2 cups leftover turkey meat, shredded
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced napa cabbage
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 cup snow peas, cut into small slice
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 stalk green onion, roughly chopped
- Black sesame seeds
For the dressing:
In a bowl, mix together all of the ingredients and set aside. If not using right away, refrigerate.
To make the salad:1.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add oil to the water and then add soba noodles. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes until tender, drain well and rinse with warm water.2.
In a large salad bowl, add drained soba noodles, turkey, celery, cabbage, carrot, snow peas and the dressing.3.
Toss well and serve immediately. Garnish with cilantro, green onions and black sesame.