Instead of just making more dinners from Thanksgiving leftovers, I like to use them to create great breakfasts and lunches too. This easy recipe takes turkey and incorporates it into a fluffy frittata with fresh veggies and cheese.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 red or green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup boiled potatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup leftover cooked turkey, chopped
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, basil or cilantro
- 1/2 cup grated provolone
Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and bell pepper and cook for 3 minutes. Stir in potatoes and cook until golden-brown. Add turkey and toss to coat.3.
In a mixing bowl, beat together eggs and milk; season with salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture into skillet and stir in chopped herbs. Top with grated provolone cheese and brown under broiler for about 2-3 minutes, until frittata puffs.