- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, red wine vinegar, or sherry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 5-6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 anchovy
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- 6 cups crisp lettuce, such as romaine
- 1 12-ounce can albacore tuna
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 pound green beans or asparagus
- 1 pound small new potatoes
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 hard boiled hard boiled eggs
- 1 cup olives
This composed salad makes a great meal when the weather is warm. Quinoa ups the protein content.
Make the dressing: Rub the garlic over the inside of a glass bowl. Discard the garlic. Add remaining ingredients and whisk until blended. Set aside.2.
Distribute the lettuce over a large platter. Drizzle with half the dressing and toss to distribute. Place the tuna on top of the lettuce in the center. Arrange the remaining ingredients in mounds around the tuna.3.
Serve family-style with the remaining dressing on the side, letting everyone serve themselves. Alternatively, divide all ingredients among four individual dishes.