This composed salad makes a great meal when the weather is warm. Quinoa ups the protein content.
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice, red wine vinegar, or sherry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 5-6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 anchovy, minced into a paste
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- 6 cups crisp lettuce, such as romaine, washed and dried, cut or torn into bite-size pieces
- 12-ounce can albacore tuna, drained well
- 2 cups cooked red or golden quinoa
- 1 pound green beans or asparagus, steamed to crisp-tender
- 1 pound small new potatoes, steamed or boiled until tender
- 2 large tomatoes, any color, cut into wedges
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, cut into wedges
- 1 cup pitted olives
1. Make the dressing: Rub the garlic over the inside of a glass bowl. Discard the garlic. Add remaining ingredients and whisk until blended. Set aside.
2. Distribute the lettuce over a large platter. Drizzle with half the dressing and toss to distribute. Place the tuna on top of the lettuce in the center. Arrange the remaining ingredients in mounds around the tuna.
3. Serve family-style with the remaining dressing on the side, letting everyone serve themselves. Alternatively, divide all ingredients among four individual dishes.