Try this healthy, delicious smoothie for a quick protein-packed breakfast or a snack. Vitamin C increases the absorption of iron and when it comes to our leafy greens and other plant-sources of iron, we need to help give them a boost to get the most out of them. A single mango has 100 percent of the daily vitamin C recommendation, which helps promote a healthy immune system as well as skin and heart health.
- 1 banana, fresh or frozen
- 1 large fresh (or 1 ½ cup frozen) mango
- 2 handfuls spinach (about 2 cups)
- 2 teaspoon honey (optional)
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- 1 cup tart cherry juice
- 3/4 cup coconut water
- 1 6-ounce container of Greek yogurt (or 2 scoops plant-based protein powder like pea or sprouted brown rice)
- Ice for desired frostiness (optional)
Combine banana, mango, spinach, honey, ginger and protein powder (or yogurt) in a blender. Pour tart cherry juice and coconut water on top and blend for 60 seconds until creamy.