I love this recipe because it's easy to make with just a few pantry ingredients. Use your favorite beans, frozen or canned corn and any kind of broth. Add in a can of green chilis and a splash of hot sauce to increase the heat. Serve with tortilla chips.
How to freeze soup: Once soup has cooled, divide soup into 4 large freezer bags. Lay flat on a baking sheet and freeze. This allows you to save space in the freezer.
- 4 cups broth, divided
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can drained beans
- 1 cup corn (canned or frozen)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can condensed tomato soup
- Tortilla chips, for serving
1. In a large pot over medium heat, add 1/4 cup broth. Add onions and sauté until soft, about 3-5 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for about one minute.
2. Add drained beans, corn, cumin, chili powder, Worcestershire, remaining 3¾ cup broth, diced tomatoes and tomato soup.
3. Bring to a simmer and cook for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Serve with tortilla chips.