Chef's note: Since this is such a simple recipe, try if you can to get some really great ingredients. Case in point, the feta. I like to use the kind that comes in blocks that are stored in brine. I find that they are creamier and less dried-out than the kind that comes already crumbled.
- 2 10-ounce containers cherry tomatoes, various colors, sliced in half
- 2 large tomatoes, any color (yellow are particularly sweet), sliced into wedges
- 3-4 sprigs of mint
- 1 lemon (preferably meyer lemon)
- 3 ounces feta
- Good glug of extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Tumble tomatoes into a large serving bowl.2.
Smack the sprigs of mint between your hands (this releases their oils), and pick the leaves off the sprigs. Drop the leaves into the salad, whole.3.
Zest the lemon and sprinkle over the salad. Squeeze the lemon over top too.4.
Break up the feta right over the bowl into rustic chunks.5.
Drizzle with extra virgin olive, season with salt and pepper, then give the whole lot a toss with your hands. Taste, adding more salt, pepper, lemon or olive oil to your liking. Serve!