- 1 1/4 pounds tilapia fillets
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chives
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped capers
- 1 cup (or more) panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 ears of corn, husked
- 2 pints grape tomatoes, each tomato cut in half
- 1 medium zucchini, grated or thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and ground black pepper
1.Make the fish cakes: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place tilapia fillets onto a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake until fish is cooked and can be easily flaked with a fork, about 15 minutes depending on thickness.
2. In a large bowl, add fish and use a fork to flake into small pieces. Add lemon zest, lemon juice, egg, mayonnaise, chives, parsley, and capers, plus salt and pepper. Mix with a fork or spatula to combine. Add breadcrumbs onto a plate or into a dish. Form fish cakes into 8 equal-sized portions and roll each side of the fish cake into breadcrumbs to coat.
3. Warm 1/2 tablespoon oil in a medium nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add 4 fish cakes and cook until golden-brown, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and use remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil to cook the remaining 4 fish cakes.
4. Meanwhile, make the salad: Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add corn on the cob, let water return to a boil, and cook 5 minutes. Drain and let corn on the cob cool. Place each corn on the cob upright in a loaf pan (for less splattering) and use a knife to remove all the kernels.
5. Add corn kernels to a large bowl along with halved grape tomatoes, grated zucchini, scallions, cilantro, olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Use a spoon to gently stir until combine. Serve salad with 2 fish cakes per serving.