This flavorful broth is perfect for when you're hungry between meals or anytime you don't feel quite satisfied. It will help you avoid snacking on unhealthy foods and keep you full until your next meal.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 leeks, washed and chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 ounce dried mushrooms, rinsed
- 1 head garlic, peeled and halved
- One 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- One 3-inch strip lemon zest
- 3/4 cup light coconut milk
- 1/3 cup white miso paste
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
Add the leeks, carrots, and celery and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add 1½ gallons water, then add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to maintain a simmer and cook for 2½ hours.
Strain into a large bowl and discard the solids.
Serve immediately or refrigerate or freeze for up to 3 months.