Now that the weather is warming up, it's always great to have a quick and fresh appetizer recipe on hand. These Thai-inspired summer rolls are low-carb but still totally delicious.
Technique tip: Make sure you take the rice papers and completely submerge them in hot water for 10 to 15 seconds, so they are pliable.
Swap option: Use your imagination and try out different proteins. You can use tofu or chicken instead of shrimp. And if you're not an avocado fan, you can skip that as well.
- 1 package Better Than Noodles Shirataki Noodles
- 12 rounds rice paper
- 24 large shrimp, peeled and cooked
- 1 large avocado, cut into strips
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 3 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
Peanut Dipping Sauce
- 1/4 cup PB2 powdered peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1/4 cup warm water
1. Prepare Better Than Noodles according to directions on package. Cut prepared noodles into 3-inch pieces and set aside.
2. Prepare dipping sauce by mixing together all sauce ingredients. Set aside.
3. Lay out the remaining ingredients for the roll. Take a rice paper wrapper and completely submerge it in hot water for 10 to 15 seconds, until pliable.
4. Place the wrapper on a plate and fill with a small handful of prepared noodles, 2 pieces of shrimp, a slice of avocado, carrots, cabbage, cilantro, basil and mint.
5. Fold the bottom half of the wrapper over the filling, hold the fold in place, tuck in the sides, and roll tightly.
6. Repeat filling the remaining rice paper wrappers and serve immediately with the dipping sauce.