Making a sauce for vegetables, such as this zesty orange one, adds great flavor and encourages picky eaters with veggie aversions to enjoy their greens more.
Swap option: Use spinach instead of broccoli as the orange and almonds work so well with it.
- 8 tender stem broccoli pieces, steamed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped chives
- 1 orange, juiced and zested
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and chives and sauté for about 1 minute. Add the orange juice and simmer for one more minute.2.
Remove from the heat and add the orange zest, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.3.
Arrange the steamed broccoli on a serving plate, spoon the orange sauce over the broccoli, sprinkle with the toasted almonds and serve immediately.