What’s better than potatoes and eggs? Tater-tot waffles and soft-scrambled eggs!
Technique tip: A very high-quality nonstick skillet is important when cooking eggs.
Swap options: Garnish the waffle with any of your favorite toppings, from bacon and cheese, to sour cream and scallions. This waffle will become a dish you regularly make for breakfast, lunch or even dinner.
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- Kosher salt to taste
- 1 bag tater tots
- Canola oil (for wiping waffle iron)
- Kosher salt
Preparation of scrambled eggs:
1. Over medium-low heat, melt the butter in a medium-sized nonstick skillet. Coat the pan evenly with butter.
2. Whisk the eggs, making sure not to overbeat them, just so they are incorporated.
3. Add eggs to center of the pan.
4. Wait until the edges of the eggs just begin to set. Bring a spatula around the edges of the pan to create large, soft curds. Do not agitate aggressively. Instead, gently push and fold the eggs.
5. Cook for about 2-3 minutes. Remove eggs from heat and serve with waffle.
Preparation of waffle:
1. In an even layer, pile a handful of tater tots across the entire waffle iron. Sprinkle with salt.
2. Close the lid, and use lid lock if your waffle iron has one.
3. Cook waffle until golden brown anywhere from 9-12 minutes.