- 10 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 6 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon small bunch fresh tarragon, leaves finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon large shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon grainy dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon package party pumpernickle
- 10 teaspoon gherkins, thinly slice lengthwise
In a large mixing bowl, use a fork to coarsely crumble the hard-boiled eggs.
Add the remaining ingredients (except for the bread and the gherkins) and stir together well.
Put a bunch of bread slices on a baking sheet and toast in an oven preheated to 350 degrees for about five minutes.
Put a spoonful of egg salad in the middle of each slice of bread and top with a couple slices of gherkin and a strand or two of lemon zest.