While it's fancy enough for the Feast of the Seven Fishes, this quick pasta dish is also fast enough for a weeknight dinner.
- 1½ pounds spaghetti
- 1/2 pound small shrimp, cleaned
- 1 quart plum tomatoes, chopped fine
- 1/2 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large sauté pan, heat the olive oil and sauté garlic until golden brown.
2. Add tomatoes and red pepper and season with salt and pepper.
3. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer and cook for about 45 minutes or, until the liquid is reduced by half.
4. Add the shrimp, basil and parsley to the sauté pan and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta until al dente and strain.
6. Add shrimp sauce to pasta and stir. Add butter and continue to stir.
7. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve immediately.