- 6 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon zucchini, skin on, cut julienne
- 1 tablespoon yellow squash, skin on, cut julienne
- 1/2 pound rock shrimp, cleaned and diced
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 cup clam juice
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 pound tagliolini pasta, cooked according to package directions until al dente
- 1/2 pound jumbo lump crabmeat
- 4 tablespoon toasted breadcrumbs (prepare your own or purchase breadcrumbs)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
In a sauté pan over medium heat, cook the shallot, garlic, zucchini and yellow squash in the olive oil until vegetables are soft.
Add the shrimp and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the shrimp is pink.
2. Deglaze the pan with the white wine.
Add 1½ cups clam juice, butter, cooked pasta, and toss.
If it seems dry, feel free to add more clam juice.
3. Fold in crabmeat, top with toasted breadcrumbs, red pepper flakes, fresh basil and serve.