Creamy, rich and way easier than it looks, cook up this fast pasta dinner idea from twin Italian chefs Tony and John Alberti. Fresh sage make the sauce especially fragrant. Serve topped with crispy fried sage leaves.
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 12 ounces double cream
- 10 fresh sage leaves, finely chopped, plus more for garnish
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound tagliatelle pasta
- Fried sage leaves, for serving
1. Slit the sausages along their length, remove the meat from the skin and then break into small equal chunks.
2. In a large skillet pan over medium heat, add extra-virgin olive oil and the sausage. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for a further 30 seconds until golden. Then add the double cream, sage, season with salt and pepper, mix well and reduce, simmering for a further 5 minutes.
3. While the sausages are cooking, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain the pasta and add to skillet with the sausage and cream and mix well. Garnish with a few fried sage leaves to finish. Serve immediately. Buon appetito.