- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley, plus more for serving
- 1/2 small chile pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 baby Tuscan artichokes, cleaned and then finely sliced
- 6 ounces tagliatelle pasta
- Salt, to taste
An impressive pasta dish doesn't have to be complicated or have lots of ingredients. This simple supper has only six ingredients and it lets the flavor of each and every one come through.
Technique tip: To clean the artichokes, first take off the outer leaves, then use a peeler to remove the tough outer skin from the stem and bulb. Then using a knife, cut off the top of the leaves of the artichoke.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.2.
In a large skillet add the oil, garlic, parsley and chile pepper and sauté until softened. Season with salt to taste.3.
Cut the cleaned artichokes in half, then finely slice them and immediately add to the skillet. Mix very well to prevent artichokes from oxidizing.4.
Cook the pasta in boiling water to al dente, according to package directions.5.
Drain the pasta and add to the skillet with the sauce and cook over high heat while stirring very well for about 20 seconds. Plate the dish and then sprinkle with parsley and drizzle with olive oil.