- 1/2 cup fine-grind or medium-grind bulgur
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil, or more as needed
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, or to taste
- 2 cup roughly chopped fresh parsley leaves with small stems only
- 1 cup roughly chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped scallion
- 4 cup medium tomatoes, cored, seeded, and chopped (optional)
Soak the bulgur in hot water to cover until tender, 15 to 30 minutes.
Drain well, squeezing out as much of the water as possible.
Toss the bulgur with the oil and lemon juice and season to taste.2.
Just before you're ready to eat, add all the remaining ingredients and toss gently.
Taste, adjust the seasoning, and serve.