Forget that cold onion dip from the jar. This dip is creamy, super cheesy and very versatile. This one will have your guests coming back for more... just no double dipping!
Technique tip: This dip can also be made in a slow cooker, which will also keep it warm throughout the game or party.
Swap option: If you cannot find Vidalia onions, add a pinch of sugar to any plain onion to imitate the sweetness of the Vidalia.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large Vidalia onion, peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more
- 1 baguette, sliced into 1/4-inch slices
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Prepare a casserole dish by buttering all sides and bottom.
3. In a large bowl, mix the onions, garlic, chives, cream cheese, mayonnaise, cheeses, salt and pepper together. Spoon the mixture into the prepared dish. Bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese is bubbly and golden brown.
4. While dip is baking, toss bread slices with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Toast in the oven on each side for 1-2 minutes.
5. Serve dip piping hot. Top with any remaining chopped chives and arrange the bread on the side.