Refreshing ice pops aren't just for kids anymore. These minty, bourbon-infused popsicles will cool you down and satisfy your summery cocktail cravings.
- 2 cups water
- 2 family-size tea bags
- 1 cup firmly packed mint leaves
- 1 cup cold water
- 3/4 cup bourbon
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Twelve 3-ounce paper cups
- 12 mint leaves (optional)
- 12 small lemon slices (optional)
- Twelve 3½-inch wooden ice cream spoons
1. Bring the water to a boil in 2-quart saucepan. Remove from the heat, add the tea bags and stir in the mint leaves. Cover and steep 10 minutes. Discard the tea bags and mint.
2. Stir in the cold water, bourbon, sugar and lemon juice, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Pour the mixture into the paper cups; add a mint leaf and small lemon slice to each, if desired.
3. Cover the cups with aluminum foil, make a small slit in the center of each one and insert an ice cream spoon. Freeze 8 hours or until firm.