A unexpected mix of bananas, plantains and pineapple delivers a powerful flavor punch.
Technique tip: Pipe the banana mixture into bowls using a piping bag fitted with a star tip for the classic Dole Whip look.
- 1 tablespoon + 1/2 teaspoon chili-lime seasoning (such as Tajín)
- 1 lime wedge
- 1 ripe banana, peeled, cut crosswise into thirds and frozen
- 1 ripe plantain, peeled, cut crosswise into thirds and frozen
- 1 cup chopped pineapple, frozen
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk, chilled
- 2 tablespoons tamarind concentrate
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
Spread 1 tablespoon seasoning on a plate. Run lime wedge around rims of four 8-ounce glasses to dampen; dip rims of glasses into seasoning to coat.2.
Purée banana, plantain, pineapple, milk, tamarind concentrate, lime juice and sugar in a blender on high until smooth. Makes about 3 cups.3.
Divide banana mixture into prepared glasses; serve sprinkled with remaining 1/2 teaspoon seasoning.