These tacos are simple to make and require minimal prep, making them an ideal dinner on hectic weeknights. You can dress up this veggie-based meal with avocado, a squeeze of lime, crumbled feta cheese and fresh cilantro.
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- One 15.5-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- One 15.25-ounce can corn, drained
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 18 small corn tortillas, warmed
- Avocado, chopped or sliced
- Lime wedges
- Feta cheese, crumbled
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Toss diced sweet potatoes with 1 tablespoon olive oil, honey and cumin. Place on a rimmed baking sheet and roast in the oven for 35 minutes or until tender. Set aside.
3. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a large skillet set over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and onion and sauté. Add the black beans, corn, cooked quinoa and sweet potatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Spoon about 1/3 cup of filling onto each tortilla. Top with chopped avocado, a squeeze of lime and feta cheese.