- 3 cups ‘left over’ mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 pound ‘left over’ sweet Italian sausage without the casing
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups seasoned Italian bread crumbs
- 1 cup shredded fontina cheese
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 stick butter
1. In a large bowl, add 3 cups leftover mashed sweet potatoes and add the cooked sausage, fontina cheese. Add half of the beaten eggs and mix thoroughly. Form into croquettes, dip into remaining beaten eggs, and roll in the bread crumbs. 2. In large sauté pan, heat the olive oil and butter over medium heat, add the croquettes and cook on all sides until golden brown. 3. Place on serving platter and serve immediately.