I feel like the most grown-up kid when eating this dessert. Every element reminds me of s'mores (minus the chocolate), yet the flavor is so sophisticated.
Technique tip: Rinse knife with hot water between slicing for clean edges.
Swap option: Instead of canned sweet potato, you can roast fresh sweet potatoes whole wrapped in foil, then cool and peel.
- 2 cups gingerbread cookies
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 cups sweet potato puree
- 1/2 cup light-packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- One 24-ounce bag regular marshmallows
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. In a food processor, pulse together cookies, sugar and melted butter until well combined. Pat into a quarter sheet baking tray and set aside.
3. In a food processor, combine sweet potatoes, sugars, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger and salt. Process until well combined. Pour batter on top of crust and smooth with an offset spatula.
4. Bake on a middle rack until the center sets and pie is firm, about 25 to 30 minutes. Remove pie from oven and set oven to broil.
5. Arrange marshmallows on top of pie in rows. Place pie in oven and brown top, about 2 minutes. Cool completely before serving.