- 1 cup long-grain brown rice
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 avocados, pitted and cubbed
- 1/2 cup toasted, salted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, cut into wedges, for serving
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
In a medium saucepan, combine rice with 1 3/4 cups water and bring to a boil. Lower the heat, cover and simmer until tender, about 25 minutes. Keep warm.
While the rice is cooking, in a baking dish, toss the sweet potatoes with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Roast until tender, 25 to 30 minutes. Keep warm.
In a small saucepan over medium heat, warm the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the cumin and sauté for 30 seconds. Add the beans and cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Divide the rice, sweet potatoes and black beans among 4 bowls. Top each bowl with avocado, pepitas and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.