I love the combination of sweet and heat. This dish hits those satisfying notes with the sweet apple salsa and spicy salmon all wrapped up in an easy-to-eat tortilla.
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1½ pounds (or four 6-ounce pieces) sweet chili salmon (recipe linked above)
- Eight 6-inch tortillas, corn or flour
1. To make the salsa, toss together the lemon juice, lime juice, honey, apples, onion, green pepper and cilantro in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste and reserve.
2. Warm sweet chili salmon in a skillet, microwave or oven until heated through.
3. In a dry large skillet, warm tortillas one a few at a time over medium heat. Toast the tortillas for about 30 seconds to a minute on each side. Hold the warm tortillas in wrapped in a towel until ready to build tacos.
4. To build, crumble about 3 ounces of salmon into large pieces into each tortilla. Top with about 2-4 tablespoons of salsa on each taco and serve.