- 1/2 pound sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 2 ears corn, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 cup whole cherry tomatoes
- 2 lemons, sliced into wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted or 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
Old Bay seasoning, fresh lemon, butter and garlic infuse the steak and shrimp with maximum flavor. It's a fun way to present a meal and nothing beats that burst of flavor and aroma you get as you carefully open that packet. It's also a really fun dish for casual entertaining.
Technique tip: Prep foil packets in advance and store them in the refrigerator until you're ready to cook.
Swap option: Can also be prepped in a 400°F oven.
Preheat grill pan over high heat. Cut 4 sheets of foil about 12 inches in length.2.
Evenly portion steak, shrimp, corn, red onion, tomatoes, half of the lemon wedges and garlic between each foil packet. Season liberally with Old Bay, drizzle with melted butter and top each packet with a spring of fresh thyme and black pepper.3.
Fold the foil packets in half and roll the top and bottom edges to seal them completely.4.
Place foil packets in the grill pan and cook until just cooked through, about 6-8 minutes per side or until steak is cooked to desired doneness. Garnish with parsley and serve with remaining lemon wedges.