This Superfood Salad is filled with an abundance of nutrients, each for a specific reason: We have filling fiber, vitamins and antioxidants to enhance immunity and fight inflammation, and healthy fats from olive oil and avocado to help promote satiety. This salad is packed with delicious seasonal vegetables and bursting with bright pomegranate seeds. The best part of this salad is that you can toss in any of your leftover turkey and roasted vegetables like sweet potato and carrots. Get ready to chop up and gobble down!
Technique tip: This recipe involves a lot chopping, but you'll have plenty leftover to enjoy for days to come.
Swap option: I sometimes opt for pre-chopped veggies, bagged salads or pre-shredded slaw when I'm short on time.
- 4 cups packed stemmed kale leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 8 ounces Brussels sprouts, trimmed and thinly sliced (about 2½ cups)
- 2 to 3 cups finely chopped broccoli florets
- 2½ cups shredded red/purple cabbage
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 avocado, sliced
- extra-virgin olive oil
- red wine or balsamic vinegar
- freshly ground black pepper (optional)
1. In a large bowl, combine the kale, carrots, Brussels sprouts, broccoli and cabbage.
2. Stash in a sealed container in the fridge and build each salad when you're ready to eat.
3. When ready to serve, transfer 2 to 4 cups of the veggie mixture to a plate. Top with 2 to 3 tablespoons pomegranate seeds, 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds and sliced avocado. Drizzle on 1 to 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil and unlimited vinegar. Season with freshly ground black pepper, if desired.