I made this recipe for my girlfriend on our first date. It is now one of our favorite recipes especially served with a glass of fruity sangria.
- 6 ripe avocados, pitted and peeled
- 2 limes, divided
- 3 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced
- 4 green onions, diced
- 1 handful fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Tortilla chips, to serve
1. Place the avocado in a large bowl.
2. Cut the top 1/3-inch off the top of the limes. Using a fork, juice limes and scrap out some of the pulp into bowl with avocados.
3. With a potato masher or large mash together the lime juice, pulp and avocado until almost smooth.
4. Add the tomatoes, jalapeño, green onion and cilantro to the bowl and fold into the avocado mixture.
5. Season with salt to taste and serve with tortilla chips.