- 4 hot dogs, sliced in half lengthwise
- 4 croissants, sliced in half
- 4 tablespoons jalapeno apple jelly
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- 4 eggs, scrambled
- 2 scallions, finely chopped (white and green parts)
- 4 slices American cheese
1. Grill the hot dogs. Preheat the grill or grill pan. Place the dogs, cut side down on the grill and top with a heavy pan or flat pot lid. Cook until charred, about 6-8 minutes. Remove from the grill and when cool enough to handle, chop into chunks.
2. Assemble, wrap and grill. Put each sandwich together on a piece of aluminum foil big enough to wrap the entire sandwich. Layer each in order with the croissant bottom, jelly, pepper jack slice, eggs, hot dogs, scallions, American slice, croissant top. Wrap with the aluminum foil and place over the indirect heat of the grill or in an oven on the lowest setting until a check of the bottom feels very warm to the touch, about 10 minutes. Serve warm.