Coarsely ground black pepper and red pepper flakes bring a unique spice to this simple pasta dish. It only has five ingredients, but it is absolutely bursting with flavor.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound spaghetti, cooked according to package directions
- 1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 8 sprigs thyme, leaves gently chopped
In a large pan on medium-low heat add the oil, pepper flakes and pepper. Let simmer for one minute then turn off the heat. Let steep for 15 minutes until the oil smells peppery.
Add the pasta, parsley and thyme to the pan with the oil. Toss to combine and then serve.