If it's too hot out, why bake? With this easy fruit-filled recipe you can make a delicious dessert without ever turning on the oven.
- 1 pre-made graham cracker crust
- 3 pints fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 6 ounces blueberries
- 1 teaspoon orange juice, no pulp
- Whipped cream, for serving
1. Slice half the strawberries and place in a medium bowl. Add the sugar and stir to coat. Let sit 30 minutes until the strawberries begin to release their juices.
2. In a blender, add the other half of the strawberries and blend until smooth. Pour the puree into a bowl. Drain the strawberry slices and add the liquid to the pureed strawberries.
3. In a small cup add the gelatin and 2 tablespoons of boiling hot water. Stir and let rest for a few minutes. Slowly whisk in the strawberry puree. Fold in the sliced strawberries, blueberries and orange juice.
4. Pour the mixture into the pre-made graham cracker crust. Refrigerate until set, about 4 hours. Serve with whipped cream.