This summery take on succotash ups the nutritional value with fiber-filled black beans and leafy green spinach.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 jalapeño, halved lengthwise and then sliced crosswise to make half circles
- 1 small red onion, roughly chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon hot Hungarian paprika
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes
- 8 ounces baby spinach
- 2 ears fresh corn, kernels removed
- 1/2 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1. Set a large pan with straight sides over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil, jalapeño, onion and a few grinds of black pepper. Cook until the veggies are tender.
2. Add the cumin, paprika, and tomatoes and cook until you can easily press and mash the tomatoes.
3. Then begin adding the spinach, constantly turning them to wilt in the heat of the pan. Add the corn and black beans at the end, stirring to warm.