Craving chicken parmesan, but don't want to blow your calorie budget? Then this is the recipe for you! Juicy grilled chicken breasts get sprinkled with breadcrumbs and topped with sauce and mozzarella. This gives you all the classic flavors with less fat since there's no frying needed.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, gently pounded to even out thickness
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil, for brushing
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup crushed crostini, preferably garlic flavored
- 1 cup pizza sauce (not tomato sauce)
- Four 1/4-inch thick slices fresh mozzarella
1. Brush each chicken breast with olive oil and season all over with salt and pepper.
2. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Grill each breast, smooth side down first. Cook on one side until it easily releases, about 5 minutes. Then, flip and cook about 2-4 minutes more. Leave the chicken in the pan, but remove from heat.
3. In a shallow bowl, mix the Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs. Sprinkle evenly over the top of the grilled chicken. Spoon pizza sauce evenly over the top of each breast and top with a slice of mozzarella.
4. Place a metal bowl or domed lid over the chicken. Let rest like this for a few minutes to melt the cheese and then serve.