Potatoes and cheese are a match made in culinary heaven! In this recipe, sharp cheddar gets paired with crispy roasted potatoes in a creamy sauce to make the most delicious gratin you've ever tasted. And to top it off, there's crispy bacon and crunchy scallions.
- Sunny's Roasted Rosemary and Thyme Potatoes
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 4 ounces whipped cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar-jack cheese blend
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, separated, whites beaten to soft peaks
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Chopped scallions
- Crisped bacon pieces, chopped
- Mexican crema or sour cream, loosened with milk or cream
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F. Coat the bottom and sides of 4 ramekins with cooking spray and place on a baking sheet, set aside.
2. In a bowl, mash the potatoes and add the cream, butter, cream cheese, cheddar jack blend, Parmesan and egg yolks. Stir to combine. Gently fold in egg whites. Add to prepared ramekins and bake until puffy and golden on top, about 18-20 minutes.
3. Remove from the oven and top with more cheese, scallions, a sprinkle of bacon and a drizzle of crema, if desired. Serve immediately.