Can't decide between blueberry and apple pie? Have both in one! Juicy blueberries and crisp apples make this the perfect pie to serve for any summer celebration.
- 12 ounces blueberries
- 1 golden delicious apple, cored, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, cut into bits
- 2 sheets store-bought pie dough
1. In a large bowl gently toss together the blueberries, apple, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, lemon juice and a pinch of salt. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 400°F. Using a 9-inch pie dish, place the first crust in the bottom allowing dough to extend over the edges by about an inch.
3. Pour in fruit filling then add butter evenly around the pie over the top. Place second pie crust over the top. Overlap the bottom crust with the top crust and pinch around the edges to seal. Using a knife cut 3 vents in the top of the pie dough to allow air to escape while baking.
4. Place in the oven and bake until crust is golden brown, about 25 minutes. Let cool before slicing and serving.