Forget baking! Make delicious chicken lasagna on the stovetop using just one pan.
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- One 14.5-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1½ cups chicken stock
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- One 8-ounce package no-boil lasagna noodles, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 lemons, zested
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, loosely packed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves, loosely packed
In a large sauté pan, heat a hearty drizzle olive oil over high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until translucent. Season with salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and oregano. Add crushed tomatoes and chicken stock. Bring to a boil. Add chicken and broken up lasagna noodles. Stir to incorporate. Sprinkle cheeses over top and cover with foil or a lid. Simmer on low for about 20-25 minutes.
In a medium bowl mix the ricotta cheese and the lemon zest. Evenly scoop the pan-sagna into shallow serving bowls. Immediately top with a dollop of the ricotta blend, and garnish with parsley and basil.