Use any one of your favorite boxed cake mixes and store-bought frosting to make this simple, yet totally festive cake covered with a ring of Peeps. This recipe has only five ingredients, but be sure to double check what's needed for the cake mix while you're at the grocery store.
Sunflower Cake With Peeps
- 3 packages (5-count each) Peeps Yellow Marshmallow Chicks
- 1 standard box cake mix (see package for additional ingredients)
- 2 containers chocolate frosting
- 1 bag chocolate chips
- 1 tube green decorating icing (optional)
1. Prepare cake mix according to package directions for making two, 8-inch round cakes.
2. Cut a thin slice off the top of each cake to make them level. Place one round cake on a plate or cake stand and top with chocolate frosting. Place the second round cake on top of frosting. Frost entire cake with chocolate frosting.
3. Place Peeps Yellow Marshmallow Chicks on top of the cake's edge with their tails facing out. Place chocolate chips on top of cake in a circular pattern. If desired, use a leaf-shaped tip to pipe green icing at the base of the cake.
4. Slice, serve and enjoy!