- 1½ green cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1 carrot, peeled, shredded
- 1 small red onion, peeled, sliced thin
- 2 nectarine, split, pitted, sliced
- 2 cups kale, washed, dried, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 12 mint leaves, roughly torn
- 12 basil leaves, roughly torn
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Ed Brown's summer slaw makes the most of summer's produce bounty, full of fresh herbs, veggies and a simple homemade vinaigrette. Try it as a side with these delicious crispy baked crab cakes.
Make dressing: Whisk olive oil, sherry vinegar, salt and pepper until emulsified. Set aside.
Mix the salad ingredients. Add dressing and toss until well-coated.