Eating healthy should be less about "you can't eat that" and more about "here's how you can eat that and still stay on track." It doesn't work for every recipe, but it did for this one! Every bite is perfectly savory, crunchy and cheesy.
- 3 ounces goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon 2% Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped or slivered almonds
- 1 teaspoon dried or fresh chopped rosemary (optional)
- 1½ pounds (four 6-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil spray
- 1 cup reduced-calorie marinara sauce or pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- Chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
Preheat the oven to 425°F.2.
In a medium bowl, mix together the goat cheese, yogurt, oregano, basil, almonds and rosemary (if using). Cover and set it aside.3.
Season the chicken breasts with garlic powder, salt and pepper.4.
Slice each chicken breast down its side, but not all the way through, just enough to create a "pocket" for the filling.5.
Stuff each breast with about 1 tablespoon of the filling, making sure to spread it out inside the breast.6.
Set an oven-safe, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and spray with olive oil. Once the skillet is hot, add the chicken breasts with the top (smooth part) down.7.
Sear until the outside is golden brown, 3-5 minutes. Flip the breasts over in the skillet, then top each one with 1/4 cup of marinara sauce and 2 tablespoons of mozzarella.8.
Place the skillet in the oven and bake the breasts until they reach an internal temperature of 165°F, 10-12 minutes.9.
Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.