If you've managed to meet a new friend, it's time to take your friendship to the next level: a friend date. If dinner seems like too much for a casual friend date, do something more laid-back, like brunch. Serve this sweet and easy lemonade to sip while you chat.
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice (about 10 lemons, juiced)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 cups water
- 10 ripe strawberries, sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, sliced into ribbons
- 1/2 cup vodka (optional)
1. Combine the lemon juice, sugar, water, strawberries, and basil in a blender.
2. Puree until smooth.
3. Stir in vodka, if desired.
4. Pour over ice and serve.
Reprinted with permission from "Young & Hungry: Your Complete Guide to a Delicious Life."