- 1 1/2 lbs boneless and skinless chicken breasts, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- ½ lb lo-mein noodles (or can substitute spaghetti)
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp + 2 Tbsp corn starch
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 3 Tbsp cooking oil
- 8 oz baby spinach
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Hot sauce,to taste
- Chicken: Slice and then season with salt and pepper. Tenderize with a fork.(Can be done up to 1 day ahead)
- Chop garlic and tomatoes.(Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Cook noodles: Bring a saucepan of water to boil. Salt and add noodles. Cook according to package instructions and then drain. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Make sauce: Mix together soy sauce, brown sugar, first part of cornstarch, and chicken stock.
- Heat a wok over medium-high heat. Toss chicken with 2 Tbsp
- cornstarch. Add 1 1/2 Tbsp cooking oil and then chicken to heated oil with a dash of salt. Toss and saute until the exterior is golden, 4 to 6 minutes. Remove and set aside (don't worry, chicken doesn't have to be cooked all the way through).
- Return wok to heat and add 1 1/2 Tbsp cooking oil. Add garlic to heated oil, and as soon as you can smell the garlic, throw in the tomatoes. Saute until tomatoes have broken down and started to release liquids, about 5 minutes.
- Return chicken to wok and push everything to the side forming a doughnut hole in the middle. Stir your sauce and then pour into the doughnut hole. When it starts to bubble and thicken, toss in spinach and cooked noodles, and mix everything together. Finish with lemon juice and season with as much hot sauce as you want and salt and pepper as needed.