This recipe is so festive and very customizable. If you like the flavor of mint chocolate, add 1/2 teaspoon of mint extract to the white chocolate, or make this treat even more colorful and dye the white chocolate green with some food coloring. If you're not a big fan of salty and sweet, then just add more candy in the middle layer.
- 1 (12-ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 (18-ounce) bags white chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 2/3 cup crushed potato chips
- 2/3 cup crushed pretzel sticks
- Green M&M's, to decorate
- Green sprinkles, to decorate
- Green sanding sugar, to decorate
1. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
2. Microwave the semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon of coconut oil on high for 30 seconds at a time. Stir after each interval (it will usually take about 90 seconds total) until the chocolate is completely melted.
3. Pour the melted chocolate onto the baking sheet and spread it out using a spatula or the back of a spoon. Spread the chocolate out to cover most of the baking sheet. Be sure not to spread it too thin.
4. Sprinkle the crushed chips and pretzel pieces onto the chocolate. You can add as much or as little as you like.
5. Place the baking sheet in the fridge for 10-15 minutes, or until the chocolate hardens.
6. Microwave the white chocolate and 1 teaspoon of coconut oil for 30 seconds at a time. Stir after each interval until the chocolate is completely melted. This will take about 90 seconds.
7. Take the baking sheet out of the fridge and pour the white chocolate on top of the hardened semi-sweet chocolate. Spread out the white chocolate with a spatula or the back of a spoon until it mostly covers the hardened chocolate layer.
8. Decorate the white chocolate with green M&M's and as many green sprinkles as desired.
9. Let the chocolate bark harden in the fridge for at least 15 minutes. Once the chocolate is solid, cut the bark into irregular shapes with a knife, or break pieces apart with your hands.