- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup English peas
- 1/2 cup sugar snap peas
- 1/2 cup snow peas, cut into 1-inch diamonds
- 1/2 cup asparagus tips
- 1 cup tri-colored cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup radishes, thinly shaved
- 3 shallots, finely minced
- 3 tablespoons chives, finely cut
- 1/4 cup Honey-Lemon Vinaigrette (recipe above)
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Edible flowers, for garnish (optional)
A quick dip in an ice water bath after boiling keeps the green vegetables crispy and bright.
For the Honey-Lemon Vinaigrette:
In a small sauce pan, add the honey, lemon juice, lemon zest and vinegar. Bring the mixture to a boil and then remove from the heat. All to cool slightly before placing in a blender. On medium speed, blend the mixture while slowly drizzling in the oil until the mixture is completely emulsified.
For the Spring Vegetable Salad:
In a large pot, heat 3 quarts water and 1 tablespoon salt over high heat. Once boiling, blanch the English peas, sugar snap peas, snow peas and asparagus tip for 30 seconds and immediately transfer them to a large bowl filled with ice water. Drain the vegetables and dry on them paper towels.
In a large bowl, add the blanched green vegetable mixture, tomatoes, radishes, shallots, chives, 1/4 cup of the Honey-Lemon Vinaigrette, salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Optional: garnish with the edible flowers.