Make deviled eggs even more sinister for your Halloween feast by topping them with spooky spiders made from briny black olives.
- 1 tablespoon pickled okra juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 dashes hot sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Black olives
- 12 boiled eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
1. Peel the boiled eggs and cut each cleanly in half. Remove the yolks and put into a separate bowl.
2. Using a fork, break up the egg yolks. Add the mayonnaise, okra juice, Dijon mustard, hot sauce. Mix well, then salt and pepper to taste.
3. Pipe or spoon the yolk mixture into the egg white halves.
4. Slice an olive in half and place one onto the middle of each egg. Slice the other half thinly to form tiny spider legs and place them on the deviled egg.
5. Serve immediately.