- 8 cloves garlic, roasted
- 1 onion, cut into quarters
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and thawed
- 4 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) can water chestnuts
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 3 cups mozzarella, shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 loaf bread (Preferred seeded or buttery brioche)
These cheesy popover cups are the perfect way to start the day. You get protein from the eggs, vitamins from the veggies and loads of rich, creamy deliciousness from the melty cheese and crisp bread crust.
For the filling:
Blend onion and garlic in food processor. Add mayo, cream cheese and sour cream and process. Add spinach, artichokes, Parmesan cheese, Monterey Jack and water chestnuts, processing completely. Transfer to large bowl.
For the popovers:1.
Preheat oven to 300°F.2.
Whisk the eggs, half and half, mustard powder, salt and pepper together to create the egg mixture.3.
Using a popover (or cupcake) pan, cover pan with non-stick spray. Using one slice of bread, cut crust, shape to fit into mold. Repeat until all molds have a shaped piece of bread.4.
Place a pinch mozzarella cheese at the bottom of each bread mold.5.
Using an ice cream scoop, place a scoop of the spinach-artichoke mixture on top of mozzarella cheese. Create a small crater on each spinach-artichoke scoop.6.
Pour the egg mixture over the spinach-artichoke mixture.7.
Sprinkle a dash of salt and pepper on each popover.8.
Place in oven for 30-35 minutes, until crust is golden brown.