Sweet Thai chili sauce and garlicky sriracha add spicy Asian flavor to these crispy chicken wings.
- 2 cups Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1/2 cup sriracha
- 6 whole chicken wings, cut in half at the joint
- 1 to 2 cups tempura flour
- 2 cups corn or potato starch
- Oil, for frying
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
For the sauce:
In a bowl, whisk together the chili sauce and sriracha until well combined. Set aside.
For the wings:
1. In a large deep fryer or large Dutch oven, heat oil to 350°F.
2. Rinse chicken wings in cold water and place wet into a shallow baking dish. Sprinkle the wings evenly with the tempura flour until a thin batter forms.
3. Dredge chicken wings in the cornstarch.
4. Place wings a few at a time into the hot oil and cook for 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally, until cooked through and golden brown.
5. Season hot wings with salt and pepper and toss into the spicy sauce and serve hot.