This recipe is one of my favorites because it has a blend of sweet and spicy, along with a tart acidity from the lime juice. It's the perfect combination of flavors.
Technique Tip: Using shrimp that have already been shelled and de-veined saves even more time in this already easy to prepare recipe.
Swap Option: Try jasmine rice, brown rice or even a couscous would go great with this.
- 1 pound large raw shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hot chili paste
- 1 tablespoon freshly-squeezed lime juice
- Vegetable oil, for cooking
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked
- Cilantro, chopped, for garnish
1. In large bowl, combine the shrimp, soy sauce, hot chili paste and lime juice and mix well. Let the mixture sit for 10 minutes.
2. In large sauté pan, heat up vegetable oil and add shrimp. Cook about 3 minutes per side until the turn orange and begin to curl.
3. Plate the shrimp alongside the quinoa. Garnish with cilantro and serve.