- 1 pound salmon fillet, skinned
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 6 dill pickle slices (rounds)
- 2 heaping tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup full-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon pickle juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- 4 burger buns
- 4 butter lettuce leaves
- 8 dill pickle slices (rounds)
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
If your experience of salmon burgers has only been out of the frozen food aisle, this easy recipe will show you what salmon burgers are really meant to be. They're impatient foodie-friendly, impressive, delicious and healthy, a win all around! My little brother and sister — not normally fish fans — gobbled these up and asked for seconds.
Technique tip: Resist the temptation to poke and pester the burgers while they are cooking. Just set a timer and leave them alone.
For the salmon burgers:
Cut the salmon fillet into 1½-inch wide chunks. Place in a food processor. Add the scallions, dill pickles, dill mustard, 2 generous pinches of salt and a few turns of pepper. Pulse 10 times, until the mixture is coarse. Add the yogurt and pulse until just combined.
Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl and divide into 4 equal balls.
In a 12-inch skillet, heat the olive oil over medium- high heat. Place all 4 salmon balls in the skillet and press down lightly with a spatula to form patties. Cook until golden and crispy on both sides, about 8 minutes total.
For the spicy sauce:
In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, Sriracha, pickle juice and dill. Set aside.
Toast the burger buns. Smear a generous dollop of the secret sauce on both sides of the buns. Place a lettuce leaf on the bottom bun, top with a salmon patty, 2 pickle rounds per sandwich and some red onion. Enjoy immediately!