Looking for an affordable everyday grilling recipe? This is the answer.
Special Kitchen Equipment: Grill, tongs, silicone brush
Swap Option: Feel free to try this recipe using chicken breasts, salmon, pork chops or pork tenderloin. You may need to adjust the cook time accordingly.
Technique Tip: Be sure to clean and oil your grill before cooking on it.
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon granulated onion
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup honey granules
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3/4 cup Pig Beach Hot Honey BBQ Seasoning (above)
- 1/4 cup Sriracha
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce, such as Mae Ploy
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek
- 1/4 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 6 lime wedges
Make the Pig Beach BBQ Seasoning:
In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. Store in an airtight container until ready to use.
Make the Chicken:1.
Preheat the grill to medium-high heat on one side and low heat on another to create temperature zones for cooking.2.
While the grill is heating, toss chicken thighs with 3/4 cup Pig Beach BBQ Seasoning in a large bowl. Allow them to marinate for 15 minutes.3.
In a separate bowl, make the sweet chili glaze and dipping sauce: combine the Sriracha, sweet chili sauce, honey, sambal oelek, Old Bay seasoning, cumin and coriander. Set aside.4.
Once the grill is up to temperature, place the seasoned chicken thighs on the medium-high heat zone of the grill and cook for 6 to 8 minutes per side.5.
Once the chicken thighs reach an internal temperature of 160 F, transfer to the low heat zone of the grill and brush the tops of the thighs with the sweet chili glaze and dipping sauce.6.
Cook for about 5 minutes on the low zone of the grill to create a sticky charred glaze. Garnish with sliced scallions, fresh cilantro and lime wedges. Serve with additional sweet chili dipping sauce on the side.
Kick off grilling season with this recipe for hot honey chickenMay 23, 202304:21
Here's everything you need to know about the cool new feature.Learn More